Monday 25 June 2018

William VIGURS/VIGERS/VIGOSS

Hello, I am researching my family tree and it has brought me to Starcross in the 1700/1800 to the family of William Vigurs/Vigers/Vigoss- multiple spellings of the name.

I was wondering if you could help me with some information. I am assuming that Starcross was primarily agricultural  during the 1700s and early 1800s?

Also I was wondering if you had any information on the VIGURS family?

Thanks for your help

Kind regards Lesley Morgan ( nee VIGURS)
Could this be the person?
A reference, dated 1767, to a William Vigurs is in Law, Crime and English Society ed Norma Landau. pub. Press Syndicate of Cambridge University The Pitt Building, Trumpington Street, Cambridge, United Kingdom
        
P.P.
          (1817) VII, p. 426. P.R.O., H.O. 42/163, Stanley Mailer to Sidmouth, 18 April 1817;
         for the prosecution of a justice for making convictions on the evidence of a ‘plucked’ loaf,
            see KB1/17 (Part II), unlabelled bundle, affidavit of William Vigurs  et al.
             on complaint
              against Thomas Miller Esq., 7 February 1767.
in a discussion about stipendary magistrates dealing with 'plucked' bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray! You're posting a comment. Many thanks.