Friday 29 May 2020

Haydon of Staplake

Coronation Terrace, Starcross
I grew up in Starcross in the mid 50’s & 60’s, living in the little terrace opposite St. Paul’s Church (known in my day as both Church Rd. & Coronation Tce.). Fond memories of happy times!
On my mother’s side, there was a long association with the village. Her maiden name was Haydon - ending with my great-grandfather, generation after generation of Haydons farmed at Staplake. I am keen to trace this line and would love to hear from anyone who thinks they have a link, too. Recently, there was a piece by a lady called Jenny Bell, also interested in tracing her family line. Of the three surnames mentioned, I think Haydon was one of them!! Maybe we have a connection, Jenny? 
Jane Bheemah (nee Willis)
janebheemah@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray! You're posting a comment. Many thanks.